Pre & Post Care
Permanent Makeup Care Instructions
- Wash your hands before touching any treated area.
- Cool packs (not frozen) may be used to help reduce swelling. Dampen paper towels or cotton pads with water and place in the fridge for 30 minutes…cool area for 10 minutes on and 10 minutes off. Cooling the area is most beneficial the first 24 hours. Sleeping slightly elevated may also help in the reduction of swelling.
- Blotting your procedure: We have created a wound and all wounds weep body fluids (some will weep more and for a longer period than others). Blotting off these fluids and excess pigment is critical to a good result and optimum color retention. If these fluids are allowed to remain on the tattooed area and accumulate, you will get heavier scabbing. Heavy scabbing can pull out the pigment which will result in light spots and unevenness of color. Dampen a paper towel with water and blot your new procedure every 15 minutes upon leaving the Vitality Ink Studio. Continue until weeping has subsided. Blot for the following three days 4 to 6 times throughout the day depending on the amount of weeping. If you have eyebrow hair, please make sure you are getting beyond the hair and actually blotting the tattooed skin. Same for eyeliner beyond the lashes.
- Washing your procedure: Use a mild cleanser on and around the procedure area. DO NOT use any cleansing products containing acids (glycolic, lactic, or AHA), or any exfoliates. Dial Soap is a good choice. Use a very light touch cleansing your procedure once or twice a day. Make sure you rinse off all cleanser leaving no residue then pat dry. Wait 15 minutes before applying ointment after getting the procedure wet. Never put ointment on a wet or damp tattoo.
- Showering: Do not take an exceptionally hot shower and keep bathroom doors open so as to NOT cause a steam effect. Keep your face/procedure out of the water while you do your “other shower stuff” first. At the very end of your shower wash your hair and rinse back away from your face. Wash your face either avoiding the procedure area or over procedure area with a very light touch. Do not let the shower spray hit you directly in the face. Following these shower instructions, your face/procedure will be getting wet at the very end of the shower.
- Ointment: ONLY USE THE HEALING BALM I PROVIDE FOR YOU…NOTHING ELSE!!! Always blot off the prior ointment and area before applying a new layer of ointment…this applies to all areas. DO NOT use Peroxide or Neosporin on ANY areas! ALLERGIC REACTION IS EXTREMELY RARE BUT POSSIBLE. IF YOU NOTICE ANY BUMPS OR RASH OR THINK YOU MAY BE HAVING A REACTION…STOP USING OINTMENT IMMEDIATELY, CLEANSE AREA AND CALL THE STUDIO.
- Absolutely NO pet grooming, gardening, dusting, mud wrestling or anything that causes dust, dirt and dander for a minimum of 72 hours. Waiting 5 full days is best. Wearing glasses outdoors is a good way to protect healing eyeliner.
- NO EXERCISING FOR 10 DAYS…NO EXCEPTIONS. DO NOT DO ANY ACTIVITY THAT CAUSES SWEAT IN THE AREA OF THE PROCEDURE OR YOUR FACE TO HEAT UP AND TURN RED. ABSOLUTELY NO LAKE ACTIVITIES. DO NOT GO TO THE LAKE OR BEACH. NO HORSEBACK RIDING, NO CAMPING OR RIDING ATVS. NO NOTHING OF THIS SORT. DON’T’ DO IT! STAY OUT OF THE SUN! KEEP IT PROTECTED AND KEEP IT CLEAN! TLC FOR YOUR NEW PROCEDURE.
- During your healing process DO NOT expose your new procedures to chemicals, hot tubs, saunas, direct shower spray, hot water, saltwater, chlorinated pools, lakes, or ponds FOR AT LEAST 5 DAYS! Direct sun exposure and tanning beds should be avoided indefinitely…both are counter-productive to the cosmetic procedure your color will fade more quickly or change!
- Absolutely NO topical makeup on the healing procedure(s) for a minimum of 5 days. Topical makeup can be bacterial and your new procedures(s) need adequate time to heal to avoid irritation and/or infection. You may apply your makeup around the new procedure area but avoid applying ON the healing areas.
- NO FACIALS TREATMENTS FOR TWO FULL WEEKS! DO NOT use any Retin-A or Glycolic Acids while healing!
- Some tenderness, puffiness (even bruising), redness, and itching is quite normal for the tattoo healing process. DO NOT PICK, PEEL, OR SCRATCH the treated area as this could result in your color healing uneven, as well as the risk of scarring and infection
- Lastly…relax. Don’t worry about a thing. It’s just a tattoo that will lighten, soften and heal in a matter of days. Do exactly as I have advised you to do OR what not to do and all heals well.
- Brew a very strong cup of CAFFEINATED tea and chill well. Apply cotton pads/gauze pads soaked in the cold tea to the eyes or use ice packs (15 minutes on/ 15 minutes off) to minimize swelling the day of and the day after the procedure.
- You must use NEW mascara to avoid contamination.
- Sleep with your head slightly elevated.
- Clean fingers are a must before touching eyes; try not to use q-tips. Wash around the eye area trying not to get the eye wet. Pat dry if you do.
- NO hot steamy showers, NO sauna, NO swimming for at least 7 days. Avoid the direct shower pressure on the eyes. DO NOT RUB OR PICK THE TREATED AREA. Scratch above or below if you must.
- NO hot steamy showers, NO sauna, NO swimming for at least 7 days. Avoid the direct shower pressure on the eyes. DO NOT RUB OR PICK THE TREATED AREA. Scratch above or below if you must.
- NO eye makeup for 72 hours after your eyeliner procedure, please use a new mascara.
- DO NOT USE an eyelash curler for 2 weeks as this instrument pulls the eyelashes and the tissue containing the eyeliner pigment that surrounds the lashes. You must allow the eyeliner to heal before stressing the tissue in this area.
- NO contact lenses for 5 full days
- NO ointment for the first 48-72 hours, after which you apply a very light coat of ointment once in the morning and once in the evening for the following 3 to 5 days. Eyes are very sensitive to ointment so use sparingly. Try to keep the ointment contained to the eyeliner above and below the lashes, not in the eye itself. If you feel any discomfort IN the eye itself, this is not normal and you should immediately see an eye doctor and contact me as well. Although it is important to use ointment, using it excessively can starve the skin of air and can result in pigment loss during the healing period so please use sparingly, just enough to moisten.
What To Expect
- Day 1 You will have anywhere from slight to heavy swelling. This depends on the amount of histamines in each client’s body. You may have bruising. You may appear as though you have been crying or have allergies. The eyeliner will appear thicker and darker than what it will heal up to be. No contact lenses for 5 days. No Visine.
- Day 2 The morning of day 2 is most likely when the swelling will peak. Plan to use your cool packs! The darker and thicker appearance lingers, and the area will feel tight and tender.
- Day 3-4 Less swelling. The eye tissue still feels tight and somewhat drawn. The peeling process begins. Start ointment in 48-72 hours. Some feeling of pinching and itching is quite normal, the ointment will help relieve this feeling.
- Day 5-7 Dark outer color continues to flake off and you will see a softer, thinner eyeliner. Color may look grayish or ashy until the color clarifies. You can go back to wearing your contact lenses on day 5.
**Note. Wait 8 weeks before and after applying eyelashes or eyelash extensions, as well as using Latisse or any other like products. Latisse and other similar products have been documented to lighten the tattooed color on some occasions.
- Expect slight swelling, thickness and/or redness for 1-2 days following the procedure.
- Do not apply ointment for the first 24 to 48 hours…until all weeping has stopped. Apply a thin, light coat of ointment 3 or 4 times a day for the remaining of the healing process (5-7 days).
- DO NOT PICK, PEEL, OR SCRATCH THE TREATED AREA.
- You may apply makeup 10 days post treatment if you need to fill in some areas.
- You may apply makeup 10 days post treatment if you need to fill in some areas.
- No tweezing, waxing or dyeing the eyebrows for 10 full days BEFORE AND AFTER procedure.
- Day 1-3 Your eyebrows are about 15 to 20% darker then what they will heal to be. They will also appear thicker than what we drew on. This is due to oxidation and swelling. Don’t be concerned with the darker, thicker appearance, this is part of the healing process. You may also have redness that will subside within the first 48 hours. Start ointment after 24 hours to 48 hours. Don’t forget to blot off excess fluids.
- Day 4 The peeling begins. The dark outer color will start peeling off revealing the softer lighter color. Keep moist but don’t over do.
- Day 5-8 Dark outer color finishes peeling off. The color is lighter and softer, and the brows themselves are a little thinner. The color may have a grayish or ashy tone for a few days until the color clarifies. It could appear that you are missing color and have light areas at this time due to layers of dry skin over the new pigment. Give your eyebrows 3 full weeks to heal and for color to fully bloom. Use ointment no longer than 10 days.
- Expect moderate swelling, usually 1-2 days following the procedure. Applying ICE for the first 24 hours is most important.
- You may start using your balm immediately following the procedure and continue for 7-14 days, apply several times a day, then switch to a NEW Chapstick or lipstick with SPF of 15 or greater, as the sun tends to fade lip color quickly.
- After the procedure, the lips may appear to have too much color. You may add makeup to soften the color after 5 days of procedure
- After the procedure, the lips may appear to have healed completely, the dermal layer will gradually become darker. Two or three applications may be required to achieve the desired results. It is not uncommon to lose up to 70% of the color on the first application.
- If using an antiviral medication, continue as prescribed by your doctor.
- Smoking will fade lip color!
- The first 3-5 days drink through a straw, avoid salty, spicy, or oily foods until exfoliation ends.
- Use a natural toothpaste such as Toms of Maine or Classic Crest. DO NOT use toothpaste with bleach, peroxides, chemicals, and abrasives. These agents are not good for healing color.
- Day 1-2 Swelling, tender, heavy thick and bright lipstick appearance. You may experience discomfort in the lips.
- Day 3 Less swelling, pigment appears as a thick texture…crusty. Peeling process may begin on this day.
- Day 4 Peeling begins or continues from the 3rd day. The pigment may peel all or most of the way by this day. The lips have gone without moisture directly on the lip tissue so they will feel very chapped. Keep moist with ointment at all times.
- Day 5 Very chapped lips. You are almost finished with the first chapping state (there are two during the healing process).
- Day 6 You will begin to see a soft version of the color start to appear. Day 7 Lip color may or may not disappear. They may appear to be “frosty”. This is the second chapping process. There may appear to be a grayish or whitish haze over the lips. This may continue for up to 13 days.
- Day 14 Color starts to really bloom from within more and more each day. The lips are starting to re-hydrate allowing the color to show.
- Day 30 The healing process is primarily complete. The color you see now can be considered your permanent lip color. Lips may remain dry for up to 2 months, use a good lip balm and sunscreen and they will soon return to normal. If a touch up is needed, 8 weeks of healing is required.
** Some may not experience a prolonged frosting stage and will see lots of color by the 7th day. Note…you may see changes in your lip color based on your body’s temperature. When your body is colder you may see less color. When your body is warmer you may see more color, brighter and more vibrant.
- Keep the area away from water for 24 hours.
- Keep moist with A&D ointment or Aquaphor for 3 to 5 days.
- No vigorous exercise for 24 hours as it can raise your blood pressure and cause more swelling.
- Do not lift, change or remove the protective Tegaderm sterile covering on your new tattoo for 3-4 DAYS.
- You may perform all your usual activities (including shower and exercise) while the tattoo is covered with Tegaderm. Be sure not to bump or rub your new tattoo excessively, or do anything that will scrape or peel the covering off. However, do not bathe or swim until your tattoo is fully healed.
- After 3-4 days, remove the Tegaderm by carefully peeling it off of your skin. Do not quickly tear it off, as this can cause skin irritation. The easiest way to soften the adhesive is to stand in a hot shower for several minutes and remove the covering in the shower.
- After removing the covering, rinse the tattoo thoroughly with warm water and wash, then rinse several times using antibacterial soap and warm water. Gently work any excess material off the surface of your skin using the palm of your hand while doing so do not use any wash-cloths, sponges or brushes.
- After patting your tattoo with a clean towel, the skin should be shiny and dry. For the next 7-10 days, apply a thin layer of ointment when it feels tight, dry, or itchy. Otherwise, let it air out and heal naturally. You might notice a few layers of flaky skin peeling, this is completely normal.
- Wash your scalp with a non-abrasive, gentle shampoo the week prior to your procedure. If experiencing breakouts on your scalp, please inform us so that we can help resolve this issue prior to your procedure.
- After washing the scalp, moisturize the skin with some form of skin moisturizer to keep the skin hydrated. Doing so will allow the ink to be properly absorbed.
- Refrain from sun tanning to avoid burning and peeling of the skin.
- Focus on relaxing and get a good night’s rest before your procedure. Eat a hearty meal before your procedure. If you are extremely sensitive to pain, seek medical advice prior to the procedure.
- You may bring a clean hat or scarf to loosely cover your head after the treatment if so desired.
- Hair Piece – Please do not wear a hairpiece at least 5-7 days prior to your scheduled procedure. As wearing a hairpiece may limit oxygen flow to the scalp and the ink may not be fully absorbed into the follicle
- Hair Length – Please contact your artist prior to the procedure to discuss proper hair length the day of the scheduled procedure.
- Hair Preparation – Please do not use a razor on your scalp within 24 hours of the scheduled procedure. It is critical that we see all native hair in order to properly blend the hair follicles.
- For 7 days following application of SMP: Do not touch the healing pigmented area with your fingers, they may have bacteria on them and create an infection.
- Apply antibiotic ointment 3-5 times daily until the procedure area has healed. Always use a clean cotton swab and not your fingertips.
- No make-up, sun, soap, sauna, Jacuzzi, swimming in chlorine pools or in the recreational bodies of water, contact with animals, gardening for 7-10 days, (until area is completely healed) post-procedure and after all touch-ups.
- Before bathing, gently apply a light coating of Vaseline on the procedure area using a clean cotton swab. Continue this regime until the procedure area has completely healed.
- Do not rub or traumatize the procedure area while it is healing (pigment may be removed along with crusting tissue).
- Use a “total sun block” after the procedure area has healed to prevent future fading of pigment color.
- Do not use products that contain AHA’s on the procedure area. Example: Glycolic, Lactic Acids. Always check your product labeling or it will fade your pigment color.
- If you are a blood donor, you may not give blood for 1 year following your Permanent Make-up application (per Red Cross).
- Touch-up visits should be scheduled between 30-45 days post-procedure. All Permanent Make-up procedures are a two-step process. Results are not determined until the touch-up application is completed.
- If you have any questions or concerns please notify your technician immediately.
- If you experience any itching, swelling, blistering or any other complications post-procure, stop using the product and call your technician immediately. You may be allergic to the after care product you are using!
FAILURE TO FOLLOW POST-PROCEDURE INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN LOSS OR DISCOLORATION OF PIGMENT. We cannot guarantee color retention for any length of time.
Complications are extremely rare and almost all of the time…my work heals awesome!
THE KNOWN POSSIBLE COMPLICATIONS FROM MICROPIGMENTATION ARE: redness; swelling; puffiness; bruising; dry patches; tenderness. It is normal to lose approximately 1/3 of color during the healing process. After the initial procedure the color may be a shade too dark and in 6 days it will appear too light but after 10 days the color will show more, appearing softer when completely healed. This happens because the color will come from the dermal layer of the skin to the epidermal layer of skin.
All procedures are conducted in accordance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) blood borne pathogens standards. Once you leave my facility it is important to follow aftercare instructions to avoid complications. Tenderness to the area is expected. This is a wound that must heal. Complications are extremely rare, however, if you observe any conditions that are not consistent with the healing agenda descriptions above, such as any sign of infection, pus, red streaks stemming from the treated area, eyeball irritation, or abnormal discharge or conditions, contact your doctor for treatment and advise me as soon as possible at 978-657-8772. Thank you for choosing me as your cosmetic tattoo artist. I look forward to a long and wonderful relationship with you!
- KEEP AREA CLEAN and open to the air. Do not cover with a Band-Aid or anything else, leave open to air. Air/oxygen provides good and faster healing. You should not be touching the area at all but if you find yourself needing to please make sure your hands are exceptionally clean.
- CLEAN BY BLOTTING AREA with saline 3 to 4 times a day using a paper towel or gauze. NO ICE.
- DO NOT SOAK the treated area in water. You can shower as normal but keep the area out of the shower spray the best you can and do not let the area stay wet for more than a few minutes. It is best to keep it dry but if you do get it wet gently pat dry.
- NO BATHING, SWIMMING, SAUNAS, HOT TUBS, TANNING, OR EXERCISE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- DO NOT disrupt the scabbing process (i.e. no picking, scratching, etc.) All scabbing needs to fall off naturally. If you force or pick a scab off you will disrupt the process and possibly cause scarring. It is critical to keep the scabs on as long as possible to achieve optimum results.
- TREAT AREA WITH TLC. DO NOT DO ANYTHING AT ALL THAT COULD CAUSE ISSUES OR PROBLEMS TO THE TREATED AREA.
- ONCE ALL SCABBING HAS NATURALLY FALLEN OFF, apply one drop Vitamin E Oil 3 to 4 times throughout the day for a minimum of 4 weeks, or until the next lightning session. DO NOT start applying the Vitamin E oil UNTIL all scabbing has naturally and completely fallen off. It is our goal to keep the area as dry as possible until all scabs have naturally fallen off.
- LIPS please drink all liquids with a straw until all scabbing has naturally fallen off. Brush with Toms of Maine or Classic Crest (no whitening, no peroxide tubes of toothpaste. Cut food into small bites….no biting into a sandwich. Try to keep mouth expressions to a minimum.
- It is important to the process and integrity of the skin that 8 full weeks of healing take place before another lightening session can be done. No exceptions.
- Lightening and/or removing unwanted pigment is a long process and patience is required. This is true whether you are choosing a lightening product service or laser. Please be patient and give the process a fair chance to work. Expect visibly and wanted results in 2 to 5 sessions. How many sessions needed will depend on how saturated the pigment is, how deep it was implanted, and how much needs to be removed for the desired result. In many cases, only a percentage of the pigment needs to be lightened/removed and then we can continue the correction process by color correcting or color shifting. In those cases where we have pigment misplaced or in an unwanted area, color correcting will not be an option, and removing as much of the pigment as possible will be our ultimate goal.
- Results cannot be foreseen, predicted or guaranteed.
- If you have any questions or concerns please call us. If at any time you have any green or yellow puss in the area of the removal, or any concerns at all during the healing process please call us at (978) 657-8772.
Skin Care Instructions
Proper care following your procedure is important and required to achieve optimum results. Keep in mind that some redness, peeling and irritation may occur and heal unevenly. This is normal for some procedures. Please read and follow the directions provided.
- Please inform us if you have a history fever blisters. If so, prophylactic antiviral therapy such as 500mg of Valtrex is recommended to be taken by mouth twice daily on the day before, the day of, and the day after your treatment to prevent a flare up of cold sores.
Come to your appointment with a clean face– remove all makeup for proper treatment absorption.
Washing your face: I usually recommend waiting at least 24 hours before washing your face to allow the high quality serums to fully absorb into your skin. Use a mild cleanser and DO NOT use any cleansing products containing acids (glycolic, lactic, or AHA), or any exfoliates for at least 3-5 days following your skin care treatment. Follow with recommended toner, treatment serum and moisturizer as directed.
- Absolutely NO pet grooming, gardening, dusting, mud wrestling or anything that causes dust, dirt and dander for a minimum of 72 hours. Waiting 5 full days is best.
- NO EXERCISING FOR 24 HOURS…NO EXCEPTIONS. DO NOT DO ANY ACTIVITY THAT CAUSES SWEAT OR YOUR FACE TO HEAT UP AND TURN RED. ABSOLUTELY NO LAKE ACTIVITIES. DO NOT GO TO THE LAKE OR BEACH. NO HORSEBACK RIDING, NO CAMPING OR RIDING ATVS. NO NOTHING OF THIS SORT. DON’T’ DO IT! STAY OUT OF THE SUN! KEEP IT PROTECTED AND KEEP IT CLEAN! TLC FOR YOUR NEW SKIN.
- During your healing process DO NOT expose your new procedures to chemicals, hot tubs, saunas, direct shower spray, hot water, saltwater, chlorinated pools, lakes, or ponds FOR AT LEAST 5 DAYS! Direct sun exposure and tanning beds should be avoided indefinitely…both are counter-productive to your skin’s health.
- Use ONLY Mineral makeup. Other types of makeup can be bacterial and clog your freshly cleaned pores.
- Some tenderness, puffiness (even bruising), redness, and itching is quite normal as your skin starts to renew itself. DO NOT PICK, PEEL, OR SCRATCH the treated area as this could result in the risk of scarring and infection.
- Lastly…relax. Don’t worry about a thing. Your skin is going through an anti-aging process and will look years younger in a matter of days. Do exactly as I have advised you to do OR what not to do and all heals well.
Treats: Age or sun spots, face veins, melasma, rosacea
Pre Treatment Instructions:
- Avoid sun exposure (apply sunscreen daily and do not tan – including self-tanner) for 4 to 6 weeks before and after treatments.
- Do not use any retinol products (or products containing tretinoin) or exfoliants on the area to be treated for one week.
- Avoid Accutane (or isotretinoin products) for 6 months prior.
- Please inform us if you have a history of hyperpigmentation, fever blisters or if you have had any cosmetic tattooing on or near the area to be treated.
- Photosensitizing medications including doxycycline and minocycline should be discontinued three days prior to the treatment.
- Anticipate a social “down-time” of 1-5 days before any redness, swelling and sloughing of the sunspots has subsided.
Post Treatment Instructions:
- You may have a mild sunburn (burning) sensation following the treatment that is usually gone within a few hours. Skin redness is normal and may last a few days. There may be a slight amount of swelling. Pigmented areas may begin to flake after a few days.
- Cold compresses may be useful for the first 24 hours.
- Your skin will be delicate for 2-3 days. Use recommended gentle cleansers, do not rub the skin and avoid hot water during this time.
- Do not use your Clarisonic, loofah, any retinoids, tretinoins, alpha or beta hydroxy products, vitamin C products, scrub, exfoliate, or have chemical peels performed on the areas treated area for one week.
- Use recommended Cream moisturizer. Mineral Makeup can be applied immediately after your procedure to diffuse redness.
- Avoid the sun and use recommended sun block.
- Avoid excessive heat or friction to the treated area (heavy exercise, saunas).
- Sun spots and age spots will DARKEN with the IPL treatments BEOFRE they begin to respond and resolve. This is expected and a normal part of the IPL process. Do not pick these spots once they become dry. They will lift and fall off on their own.
- Please contact us as soon as possible if you experience any blistering or increase pain. Contact us if you are concerned about infection. If any pigment changes are bothersome or persist beyond 4 weeks.
Hydra Nano Stamps is worth performing the treatment when you notice:
- Skin Drying
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles
- General fatigue and graying of the skin
- Small scars or uneven skin structure
- Give your skin a glow before an important event.
Hydra Nano Stamps involves nano-puncturing of the skin with a specially designed disposable cartridge tipped with nano needles thinner than a human hair. This modern method of micro-channeling allows your personalized cocktail serums to flow into the skin.
Depending on your current skin condition and needs, the cocktail may contain:
- hyaluronic acid
- amino acids
- biostimulative peptides
- micro- and macro elements, as well as botulinum toxin.
*Botulinum toxin added in small amounts to the cocktail perfectly shrinks pores and firms the skin.
What effects can be expected after the Hydra Nano Stamps treatment?
The skin after the treatment is clearly illuminated, its color and structure improve. Its hydration and tension are clearly felt, and the pores become much less visible. The treatment has a positive effect on the overall condition and appearance of the skin.
Will I be red after the treatment?
Thanks to this modern system, erythema after treatment lasts only for 15-20 minutes, and in some clients, it does not occur at all!
How often can I get this amazing facial?
It is best to receive this amazing facial in a series of 4 treatments at intervals of 2-4 weeks for long-term effect.
Are there any Contraindications?
As with any skincare treatment, it is possible to experience an allergy to any of the components of the preparation and duration of the treatment. However, those with the following conditions should avoid the HydraStamp Facial:
– pregnancy, breastfeeding
– inflammation on the skin, herpes
– autoimmune diseases
How Does Fibroblast Treatment Work? Fibroblast is a relatively new innovation in the beauty industry in North America but has been used for a number of years in Europe. The extremely accurate hand-held device works by utilizing the voltage in the air between its tip and the natural gasses emitted from our skin, to form a plasma charge. A small electrical arc is created and instantly shrinks the targeted skin. The tissues retract and tighten giving you more youthful looking skin.
How Long Does It Last? As Fibroblast is more than a simple tightening treatment (skin volume is actually reduced), the effects should last as long as they would with invasive surgery. Like all surgical and cosmetic procedures, the effects of fibroblast are not entirely permanent as it does not stop any further ageing, but the positive results should last years, depending on the area treated. The positive effects of treatment will be noticeable immediately after the first treatment, but the final results will be seen after 8 weeks. For some, an additional treatment may be required after 8 weeks for maximum results. Additionally, there are lifestyle factors that can prevent the result from lasting as long as they can, such as smoking, alcohol consumption, and prolonged sun exposure.
How Many Treatments Are Required? The number of treatments required will vary according to the area being treated, skin’s laxity, the desired degree of correction and the individual’s response to the treatment. Most patients see results instantly and this continues to improve over the course of the following 8 weeks. Further treatments can be carried out to achieve better results, but only after 8-12 weeks.
Fibroblast Pre and Post Procedure Instructions
Day of Treatment: On the treatment day, it is recommended that no make-up is worn on the treatment area. You may take an anti-histamine 30 minutes prior to your appointment to help with swelling and continue to take anti-histamines for 2-3 days following your appointment.
A numbing agent is applied and left to take effect for up to 30 minutes. When the treatment area is sufficiently numb, the session begins with multiple connections of the fibroblast tip, spaced closely together. You may feel some heat in the treatment area, which may be uncomfortable and slightly irritating. Treatment time is usually between 10-40 minutes, depending on the size of the area.
Immediately after treatment the area may be red and mildly swollen with small carbon crusts (spots).
You may experience a sensation similar to a sun burn which will likely last a few hours. Swelling may intensify over the following few hours and more so when eyes are treated and may last 2-3 days.
The carbon crusts will lift within 5 -12 days depending on the individual and area treated. Results gradually improve over the course of the following 8 weeks.
In the week following the treatment (or until the treatment area has fully healed) an exfoliating wash or cleanser should not be used. Instead use a gentle cleanser as recommended, and avoid rubbing the area.
▪ It is recommended that sun protection of SPF 30-50 be used daily for at least 2 weeks prior to the Plasma Lift treatment(s).
▪ Skincare products with ingredients such as retinols, alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs), tretinoin or any type of Vitamin A derivatives should be avoided.
▪ Stay out of the sun, tanning salons and refrain from using any self-tanning products for 3 weeks.
▪ As a client, you understand that all treatment, medical history, hold harmless and waiver forms must be completed and signed to ensure that you have understood the potential benefits and risks associated with the Plasma Lift procedure(s). I also understand that I will receive the best, safest and most successful treatment possible.
▪ Photographs will be taken by the technician “before and after” treatment (standing or sitting up) as well as at a later date for comparison.
▪ Most people will experience a mild burning sensation immediately following any Plasma Lift procedure. This is similar to a sunburn which should resolve within a few hours. However, this depends upon your sensitivity tolerance and this discomfort may last longer. If you feel particularly uncomfortable, anti-inflammatories such as Advil or anti-histamines such as Benadryl is suggested. It is up to the individual to decide on self-medication.
▪ As a natural healing response, it is usual for the treated area to become swollen, especially around the more delicate area such as the eyes. Ice packs not only soothes but also helps the swelling. Recovery can vary depending on your natural rate of recovery. Most people find it only lasts a few days. In extreme cases (specifically if clients do not follow aftercare guidelines), the swelling can last several days longer and may interfere with vision if Plasma Lift treatment was performed in the eye area.
▪ Initially after treatment and up to 3 days later, there may be occasional weeping. This is the natural healing response to the plasma lift procedure.
▪ As the treated area begins to heal, you will notice the drying out process whereby a brown/black crust develops on the surface of the skin. This will flake off after a few days but in some cases can take up to 10 days.
▪ DO NOT PICK the crusting as it can lead to infection or scarring. It is important to keep this area clean.
▪ It is strongly advised that you use an SPF 30-50 sunscreen (throughout the year including the colder months) to avoid sunburn as the area’s sensitivity to sunlight will be heightened for up to 3-4 months post Plasma Lift procedure.
▪ Boiled lukewarm water is best for cleaning the treated area(s).
▪ DO NOT use alcohol-based cleansers as this will slow down the healing process.
▪ If at any time the treated area(s) become too hot, red or shows sign of pus, please notify us and contact your doctor for advice as you may be developing an infection.
▪ For optimum results, more than one Plasma Lift treatment is usually needed and can be performed typically 8-12 weeks onwards after the initial procedure.
▪ It is important that these crusts are not removed (never scratch, otherwise a scar will remain). Instead, twice daily in the morning and in the evening, carefully clean the areas, then disinfect it with distilled water spray and gently dab with a clean, lint-free cloth. Then apply provided ointment twice daily.
▪ After the independent peeling of the scab crusts (typically the 5-8 days), pink/red skin forms.
▪ Sunscreen lotion of SPF50 is recommended 6 months post Plasma Lift treatment.
▪ Swimming and sauna activities are only permitted 2 weeks post treatment and once all the crusts have fallen off the skin surface and the wound is completely healed and closed.
▪ Smokers may experience a significant worsening of the blood flow, which increases the risk of wound healing and/or slowed healing.
▪ Note that after the crusts are lost, a slight redness may remain in the following weeks to months. It usually takes 4-6 weeks (sometimes longer) until the skin has reached its normal color again.
▪ Follow up treatment will not be before 8 weeks from the first treatment date.
DO NOT SCRATCH or PICK!!!
VitaJect Pre and Post Procedure Instructions
For the procedure of Filler Enhancements, we will be using a natural hyaluronic acid product using the Hyaluron Pen needle-free injection device.
Filler Enhancements Side Effects
Three of the most common side effects with any filler enhancement is swelling, bruising and possibly small lumps or bead size bumps. However, with the VitaJect injections, these side effects are much less than traditional injections. In any case, please read the following information carefully…
Bruising – Although needle free injections seldom cause bruising, it can happen. With a little knowledge on your part bruising can be minimized.
- No aspirin, Aleve, or Ibuprofen 1 week prior to your appointment (Tylenol is fine)
- Do not take Vitamin E 1 week prior to injections. Your multivitamin is okay. Stop alcohol 2 days prior to injections. No garlic 2 days prior to injections. Eat pineapple 2-3 times 1-2 days prior to injections. Take Arnica one day prior or morning of injections. You can find it at most drugstores and often at Whole Foods. Drink plenty of water before and after injections. Body dehydration is known to dissolve Hyaluronic Acid fillers rather quickly. The more water you drink the longer the product will last in the lips as Hyaluronic Acid molecules expand by retaining water at 1,000x its weight.
Lumps or Bumps in Lips – Depending on thickness of filler product and the size of lips, a somewhat common side effect of lip fillers are small lumps or tiny bumps. These are usually small bruises underneath the filler, but the bruises can feel like a small lump or bump. Sometimes the filler settles at injection site and can be smoothed out with a light lip massage after injection. Massaging lips gently will help smooth any bumps or lumps, but if bruising is present avoid the massage until bruising has diminished. Most bumps and lumps settle after 7-10 days.
Swelling – Some swelling will occur. Icing and Arnica will help with swelling and bruising. 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off throughout the next few days after injection. It’s also important to understand that the filler product once injected can also expand an additional 10% several hours after injection once the cross -inked filler molecules begin to absorb the water in the body. Note that if swelling and expansion is not desired then it would be best to avoid consuming liquids until swelling goes down. Arnica comes in both a topical ointment and pill form and is a wonderful all-natural remedy for both bruising and swelling.
**Important Note** Hyaluronic Acid is a natural substance we produce within our body which promotes collagen. With age our bodies produce less and less. In the case of VitaJect fillers, the life span of this Hyaluronic can last anywhere from 3-4 months depending on personal hydration and where it is injected. With the VitaJect we use a finer filler to achieve a more natural and soft appearance and touch.
With the first application typical results may only last a week to 3 weeks at what point you might notice the fullness has depleted. The good news is that with every injection session you not only add additional Hyaluronic Acid building blocks, you encourage your own collagen production thus producing longer lasting results.
It is recommended that top off sessions are performed every 2 weeks to add more if needed. After the final desired result is achieved, it can last for several months. Results can also depend on your personal hydration and how your body will metabolize the hyaluronic acid.
DRINK A LOT OF WATER AFTER EACH SESSION TO HELP THE HYALURONIC ACID FILLER LAST LONGER.
Mesotherapy topical serums are designed to improve the look of scars, boost collagen, encourage hair growth, fat reduction, repair broken capillaries, acne and so much more.
Micro-needling in and of itself, can offer a minimally invasive solution to so many skin issues. Simply put, micro-needling is the insertion of very fine short needles into the skin for the purpose of rejuvenation by creating microscopic punctures in the skin.
The skin is cleaned and numbing cream may be applied to lessen discomfort. The needle cartridge is selected based on the serum and area we will be treating. A small handheld pen like device with a sterile, disposable tip with 12 or 36 tiny needles is then used to pierce the skin. Our needling pen’s multi-speed and adjustable needle depth allow needles to pierce the skin’s layer at 90 degrees and increase the absorption of products. After the treatment, soothing ointment is used to hydrate, heal and protect the skin.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Depending on the area of your face or body that is being treated and the type of device used (i.e., needle Length), the procedure is well-tolerated and in some cases virtually painless, feeling only a mild prickling sensation. However, there may be some discomfort and a warm sensation in the treated area for 24-hours following treatment.
- Swelling and redness may occur and usually subsides after 48-hours. It is quite normal for mild sensitivity and redness after treatment. The skin may resemble moderate sunburn, as the skin naturally heals the redness will resolve. The skin may remain red for three to four days after treatment, although it is usual for it to subside within two day and many people are able to return to their normal activities the same day.
- Minor bleeding and bruising is possible depending on the length of the needle used and the number of times it is pressed across the treatment area to achieve desired end result.
- Your skin may feel warm, tight, and itchy for a short while. This should subside in 12-48 hours.
- Do not use any perfume, perfumed cosmetics or skincare products containing fragrance, use only repair cream given.
- If you experience any adverse reactions that appear to be attributed to the use of the home care products, you must discontinue the use of them.
- Hands should be thoroughly washed or sanitized before touching the treated skin area or applying skincare products to the area, immediately after and in the first two days after the procedure.
- Dryness and flakiness may occur and can possibly scab. This can last for up to 7 days. Use repair cream given until.
- All other facial skin procedures, excluding injection based treatments, should be avoided for 1 month after treatment.
- Direct sun exposure and tanning bed use is strictly prohibited. Sun protection of at least SPF 50 must be used at all times even when it is overcast or raining. If you fail to protect your skin from sun exposure, you will be at risk of uneven pigmentation and sunburn.
- Use of saunas and any heat treatments are not recommended for a period of at least 2 weeks after the procedure. It is advisable not to participate in strenuous activities for 5 days after treatment to minimize side effects.
- Makeup should not be worn for 24-hours post-procedure and we recommend using mineral makeup thereafter.
- Side effects or risks are minimal with this type of treatment and typically include minor flaking or dryness of the skin with scab formation in rare cases.
- Hyper-pigmentation (darkening of certain areas of the skin) can occur very rarely and usually resolves after a couple days to three weeks.
- If you have a history of cold sores, this procedure may cause flare ups.
- Temporary redness and mild-sunburn effects may last up to 4 days.
- Freckles may temporarily lighten or permanently disappear in treated areas.
- Other potential risks include: crusting, itching, discomfort, bruising, infection, swelling, and failure to achieve the desired result. Permanent scarring (less than 1%) is extremely rare. The benefits and risks of the procedure have been explained to me, and I accept these benefits and risks.
- The nature of my medical cosmetic condition has been explained to my satisfaction as have been any substantial or significant risks of harm. I am also aware of and accept the risk of rare and unforeseen complications which may not have been discussed and which may result from this treatment.
- I have had the opportunity to ask questions and seek clarification of this procedure and its alternatives including no treatment and my questions have been answered satisfactorily.
- I understand the following contraindications listed below and will notify my provider if any of the following apply to me: Active infections – viral, fungal, bacterial rashes, warts, skin cancer, active acne Immune-suppressed patients: Skin-related autoimmune disorders, Pregnant or breast feeding. Patients on anticoagulants (NSAIDS, ASA, Coumadin/Warfarin) , recent ablative dermal procedures, rosacea, diabetes, actinic (solar) keratosis, keloids.
How will my skin look after treatment?
Most people will experience mild redness and possibly some swelling. The same way you may feel with a mild sunburn. Effects may last for 24-48 hours and there may be pinpoint bleeding and/or bruising. Within several days to several weeks you will notice a smoother, brighter, and more radiant appearance, however, the full effects of the treatment do not appear until several months later.
How many sessions are needed and how long do results last?
Micro-needling can be safely repeated every 4-6 weeks until you achieve the desired results. For collagen induction, we recommend starting with 3 treatments, but with a minimum separation time of 4 to 6 weeks between treatments. For scar reduction, an average of 3 to 6 treatments are recommended. The number of treatments required will depend on how each individual responds to the treatments, our meso serums, and the extent of the damage at the beginning. Micro-needling can be used on all skin parts of the body. Most people will begin to see results after the very first appointment.
Improves the appearance of stretch marks
Reduces pore size
Improves the quality and texture of the skin
Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
Improves the look of disfiguring scars from surgery, accidents or acne.
Please arrive makeup free if possible. In order to prepare the skin for deep penetration of mesotherapy serum. Remove contact lenses. If you appear to have any open skin lesions please notify your technician immediately as appointment may need to be rescheduled.
Warning: Mesotherapy Infusion should not be performed on pregnant or nursing mothers.
Do not wash area of treatment for 24 hours. Only use organic and pure products. Avoid exfoliation and glycolic products, avoid sun exposure, steam, workouts and activities that cause airborne dirt, dust or sweat to enter pores for 2 days. For one week after treatment use 30-50 sunscreen while outdoors. ALWAYS use sunscreen while outdoors.
If you are performing a series of treatments please schedule your appointments 2 weeks apart.
BB Glow Pre and Post Procedure Instructions
BB Glow Treatment is a semi-permanent foundation treatment that includes active ingredients, injected into the skin to give a flawless natural look. In only 3 sessions you can achieve minimized pores and glowing radiant skin for months.
- 3 sessions, spaced two weeks apart, is recommended for full coverage and long-lasting results.
BB Glow is a safe and intensive skin treatment that can assist in reduction of the appearance of freckles, discoloration, uneven skin tones, darkness under eyes and facial imperfections. It also helps with skin discoloration caused by acne, photo-aging or age spots, leaving your skin with a nice, even skin tone glow 24/7.
To begin, all traces of makeup will be removed with a double cleanse (if possible, try to come makeup free). In order to prepare the skin for deep penetration of BB Glow serum, your skin will be exfoliated with a light microdermabrasion or facial scrub to remove dead skin cells. After applying a thin layer of pigmented BB Glow serum, a derma pen will be moved across the face to penetrate the serum into the skin. After penetration, the BB Glow serum will blend and adjust to your skin tone.
How will my skin look post treatment?
The treatment starts by restoring even skin tone and a radiant complexion, a great way to get an instant and gradual lightening and flawless foundation effect. Post-treatment, expect some mild redness that typically lasts for a day or so.
How many sessions are needed and how long do results last?
Ranging from a couple to multiple sessions, treatments vary. In most cases, the effect can be seen instantly and this is why the BB Glow treatment is a great option for events and special occasions. This could be a great option to get that all glowing look!
The foundation effect might only last for a week with just one application, but the effect of dermabrasion and micro-needling lasts long after. After the second or third treatment, the foundation or lightening effect would be more pronounced and lasting for up to six months to one year. Treatments can be done every two weeks if you want long lasting results.
Neutralizes free radicals
Restores even skin tone and radiant complexion
Reduces skin discoloration
Effective skin enhancement, skin tone and wrinkle improvement
Will not clog up your pores unlike applying makeup foundation or BB creams.
- Do not wash face for 24 hours. Only use organic and pure products.
- Avoid exfoliation and glycolic products, sun exposure, steam, workouts and activities that cause airborne dirt, dust or sweat to enter pores for two days following treatment.
- For one week after treatment use 30-50 sunscreen while outdoors. For extended pigmentation, always use sunscreen while outdoors.
Radiofrequency Can Be Used To Treat The Skin On The Face And Body, Including:
Sagging skin under chin
Wrinkles around the mouth
Lines or folds between the eyebrows
Lines on the forehead
Lines or sagging skin under the eye
Loose or crepey skin on the body (including abdomen, chest, and under the arms)
How Does It Work?
Radiofrequency devices heat up the deep layers of your skin using advanced radio-wave technology without damaging the epidermis, or top layer of skin. The heat causes the collagen in your skin to contract and tighten. After the treatment, your skin will start to produce new collagen. The result is an improvement in skin quality, firmness and tightness.
Pre and Post Procedure Instructions
Before The Procedure:
Before the procedure, a cool conductor gel is first applied to the face to protect it during treatment. The hand-piece is moved across the skin of the targeted area to deliver the radio wave technology and effectively tighten the skin. This thermal energy penetrates deep into the skin for a customized treatment based on skin condition.
Day of the procedure you may/will/should:
Avoid exercising before the appointment, this may interfere with the treatment.
Be well hydrated
Wash treatment area with an antibacterial soap and do not apply make-up
Wear hair tied back and clothing that may be exposed to treatment oil
Feel deep warmth from the procedure and let your treating clinician know if your Skin feels too hot
Feel an occasional snap or shock during the treatment, this is harmless but let your practitioner know
Exercising shortly after your procedure may prolong the effects of the treatment
Consider a professional grade skincare plan to prolong your RF treatments
For best results, a series of six to eight treatments or more is recommended.
What To Expect Before And After The Procedure:
Unlike other skin tightening systems, there is no anesthesia required during RF procedures, with patients usually experiencing only a deep, mild warming sensation. Treatments can take anywhere from 10-30 minutes to perform depending on what area is being treated. You may return home and resume regular activities immediately after treatment with no recovery time needed.
You will experience a smoother, fuller appearance, as skin is tightened and lines and wrinkles are significantly reduced or eliminated.
The effects of radiofrequency treatments will continue to improve over the next few months as the skin produces new collagen. Results typically last about six months, although with ongoing treatments, results are often long-lasting.
Pre RF Procedure Instructions:
Do NOT undergo the procedure if you have a PACEMAKER, INTERNAL DEFIBRILLATOR, OR ANY ACTIVE IMPLANTED DEVICE.
Do NOT undergo any skin peel or laser procedures for 2 weeks prior to the procedure.
Do NOT wear any make-up, lotions, or creams on the treatment area on the day of treatment.
If you have a history of cold sores, please DO let the practitioner know.
DO hydrate well the day of and day after treatment as this will result in a more comfortable and effective treatment.
Post RF Procedure Instructions:
DO hydrate well after treatment as this may produce a better result.
DO NOT vigorously rub the skin after treatment, DO gently wash your face and continue with your usual skincare routine.
Do NOT undergo laser treatments, chemical peels, waxing, the use of depilatories, or microdermabrasion for 3-4 weeks after treatment.
DO wait 7 days before resuming the use of Retin-a (tretinoin), Renova, Differin, Tazorac, Ziana, Veltin, Atralin, glycolic acids or any other exfoliating agents such as a Clarisonic Brush.
DO expect some possible warmth, and redness on the treated areas for a few days to a week after treatment.
DO schedule your next treatment as 2-4 treatment intervals of 1-2 weeks maximizes results.
Radiofrequency treatments can be performed on all skin types and do not usually cause any damage to the surface of the skin. Patients with pacemakers, defibrillators, or any implanted metal device cannot be treated.
**I recommend you pre-book your next session between 7-14 days, no longer than 2 weeks. Multiple sessions are suggested for optimal results.
Our unique spot removal therapy is used for small epidermal lesions, because it allows for removal with a tolerable amount of discomfort. For this reason, no numbing is required. These lesions can include:
Treatable lesions can be:
- Benign (not cancerous)
- Precancerous, such as actinic keratosis. These are scaly patches on your skin that could become cancer in the future.
- Superficial skin cancer (skin cancer that’s on the surface of your skin).
- Hyperpigmentation Spots
- Skin Tags/ Moles
Spot removal therapy also aims to save the area around the lesions and to reduce the scarring as much as possible.
You don’t have to do anything to prepare for spot removal therapy but you may need to remove makeup, lotion, or powder before your procedure. It all depends on the area we will be treating.
Post Care Instructions:
- The treated area will become red soon after your procedure. It also may blister and swell. If this happens, don’t break open the blister.
- You may also see clear drainage in the treated area. This is normal.
- The treated area will heal in about 7 to 10 days.
- Starting the day after your procedure, wash the treated area gently with fragrance-free soap and water daily.
- Leave the treated area uncovered when possible. If you have any drainage, you can cover the area with a bandage.
- If the treated area develops a crust, you can apply Rehab ointment on site until the crust falls off.
- If you have any bleeding, press firmly on the area with a clean gauze pad for 15 minutes. If the bleeding doesn’t stop, repeat this step.
- Don’t use scented soap, makeup, or lotion on the treated area until it has healed. This will usually be at least 10 days after your procedure.
- You may lose some hair on the treated area. The hair loss may be permanent.
- Area scab will fall off on it’s own.
- Once the treated area has healed, apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 to the area to protect it from scarring. Avoid exposure to direct sun.
- You may have discoloration (pinkness, redness, or lighter or darker skin) at the treated area for up to 1 year after your procedure.
Call your practitioner if the following occurs:
- A temperature of 100.4° F (38° C) or higher
- Any of the following symptoms at or around the treated area:
o Redness or swelling that extends to areas of untreated skin
o Increasing pain or discomfort in the treated area
o Skin in the treated area that’s hot or hard to the touch
o Increasing oozing, or drainage (yellow or green) from the treated area
o A bad smell
o Bleeding that doesn’t stop after applying pressure
- Any questions or concerns
- Any problems you didn’t expect
After Treatment Evaluation:
For deep-rooted warts, skin tags and moles, a second procedure may be performed two weeks later. For hyperpigmentation and freckles, if the dark melanin remains after treatment showing no sign of improvement, a second application can be performed only if signs of melanin separation are visual. If the area appears darker or untouched do not proceed to a second application.
The TCA CROSS procedure involves depositing very small amounts of trichloroacetic acid directly into the ice pick scar. As a result, a local inflammatory reaction takes place which leads to the formation of new collagen. The objective is to improve the appearance of the scar by increasing collagen inside the scar and reduce shadows that cast over scar depressions.
Recovery Time after TCA CROSS:
This is a minimally invasive procedure, with little to no downtime. You may return directly to your normal activities following your treatment. You may experience scabbing, and in rare cases, blistering or swelling for 7-10 days after the procedure.
- Avoid tanning and direct sun exposure for 2 weeks prior to each session.
- Always apply a sunscreen with SPF 30 or greater every day for the duration of sessions.
- Discontinue any use of any products containing alpha hydroxyl acids such as glycolic and lactic acids, and prescription retinoid, 2-3 days prior to treatment.
- Treatment areas must be free of any open lesions, or skin infections.
- CONTRAINDICATIONS: Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- The frosting inside and around the scar can last up to 12 hours
- The surrounding tissue may appear red and sensitive for 24-48 hours
- After 2-3 days, a small scab will appear. It’s important to let this scab fall off naturally which can take up to 3-7 days.
- Discomfort is rare but in the case of pain you can take over the counter Tylenol.
- Wash your skin as you would normally do, and you are free to wear makeup if desired
- Avoid becoming overheated, perspiring excessively, using hot tubs, hot showers, or saunas for a few days after treatment as this can promote blistering.
- Wear sunscreen at all times when outdoors to avoid hyperpigmentation.
- During the healing process, avoid picking, scrubbing, or exfoliating sensitive or peeling skin as this may result in irritation and increase the risk of hyperpigmentation or scarring.
- Remember that most scars require 3 to 6 sessions for optimum improvement, so make sure to schedule your next appointment at 2-8 week intervals over a 6-month period.
Wellness & Body Care Instructions
Proper care following your procedure is important and required to achieve optimum results. Keep in mind that some redness, mild bruising and irritation may occur and is normal for some procedures. Please read and follow the directions provided.
- Come to your appointment with clean skin– remove all lotions, makeup and sunless tanners on areas to be treated.
Washing your skin: I usually recommend waiting at least 24 hours before washing the treated area to allow the special formulated serums and creams to fully absorb into your skin. Use a mild cleanser and DO NOT use any cleansing products containing acids (glycolic, lactic, or AHA), or any exfoliates for at least 3-5 days following your treatment.
- NO EXERCISING FOR 24 HOURS…NO EXCEPTIONS. DO NOT DO ANY ACTIVITY THAT CAUSES SWEAT OR TENSION IN THE AREA TREARED.
- During your healing process DO NOT expose the treated area to chemicals, hot tubs, saunas, direct shower spray, hot water, saltwater, chlorinated pools, lakes, or ponds FOR AT LEAST 5 DAYS!
- Use ONLY Mineral makeup. Other types of makeup can be bacterial and clog pores.
- Some tenderness, puffiness (even bruising), redness, and itching is quite normal as your body starts starts to rid toxins. DO NOT SCRATCH the treated area as this could result in the risk of further irritation.
- Lastly…relax. Don’t worry about a thing. Your body is going through a detoxification process and will continue to look firmer and smoother up to 3 months after your last treatment. Do exactly as I have advised you to do OR what not to do and you will have results.
Cupping is therapeutic in nature. There is the possibility of discolorations that can occur from the release and clearing of stagnation and toxins from your body. This reaction is not bruising, but due to cellular debris, pathogenic factors and toxins being drawn to the surface to be cleared away through the circulatory systems. These discolorations will dissipate from a few hours to as long as 2 weeks in some cases. Please communicate to the practitioner any physical discomfort issues during the session.
The first time you experience Cupping, your body’s immune system can temporarily react to this release as it might with the flu – producing flu-like effects like nausea, headache, aches, that will subside in time with rest and water. Water helps to dilute the intensity of the release.
Cupping Therapy modalities should NOT be combined with aggressive exfoliation, 4 hours after shaving, after sunburn or when hungry or thirsty.
Avoid exposure to cold, wet, and/or windy weather conditions, hot showers, baths, saunas, hot tubs and aggressive exercise for 4 – 6 hours.
Avoid caffeine, alcohol, sugary foods and drinks, dairy and processed meats.
Consume an abundance of clean water to rid your body of toxins.
What is 4D Lipo Cavitation?
4D Lipo Cavitation is a combined fat reducing procedure that encompasses four different treatments all targeted in removing fat the same way liposuction can but without the surgery.
Non-surgical liposuction generally has less-to-no recovery time as surgical liposuction but it isn’t as effective on large areas of fat. Its use should be limited to small, stubborn areas that remain after an adequate diet and exercise program, or to patients who cannot or choose not to undergo surgery. In order to be fully effective, multiple treatments may be required.
Please arrive makeup free if possible for facial applications and for body procedures please remove all topical creams. If you appear to have any open skin lesions please notify your practitioner immediately as appointment may need to be rescheduled.
Please arrive in comfortable clothing and bring a compression garment if advised to do so.
Do not wash area of treatment for 24 hours.
Only use organic and pure products.
Avoid exfoliation and glycolic products
Avoid sun exposure, steam, workouts, and activities that cause airborne dirt, dust or sweat to enter pores for 2 days.
You will be wrapped with cellophane immediately after treatment. This wrap will need to be removed after one hour.
Wear your compression garment for three days (around the clock if possible) following the procedure.
Drink at least (16) 8oz. glasses of water per day to help kidneys with flushing fat from the body.
Avoiding exercising the treated area for 24 hours.
Avoid taking anti-inflammatory medications (aspirin, Motrin, Advil, Aleve) * The only pain medication which does not adversely affect results is Tylenol.
Avoid icing the area
Avoid drinking alcohol and eating carbohydrates for 2-3 days after the treatment because it may decrease its effectiveness.
How do fat dissolving injections with hyaluron pen work?
Adipocytes or fat cells are broken down with the use of sodium deoxycholate solution. This causes a localized inflammatory response from the body. The inflammatory response is vital and allows the destroyed fat cells to be removed and excreted via the kidneys.
Are fat dissolving injections permanent?
The good news is people generally only need two to four visits and yes, the results are lasting. Once the fat cell is destroyed it’s permanent. However, if there are remaining fat cells, these can still get bigger. After injection you have to avoid vigorous exercise, sun and heat exposure for 3-5 days after treatment. Avoid Aspirin, Motrin, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E or any other essential fatty acids at least 3 days to 1 week after treatment. These items may increase bleeding and bruising.
Is it safe?
Lipotropic injections are supplements used for fat loss. The injections most often contain vitamin B12, which is considered safe in large quantities. However, lipotropic injections used alone without a weight loss plan may not be safe.
Can I get fat dissolving treatment for my double chin?
These treatments can be very effective when applied to the areas of the jawline and “double chin”, also known as submental fat, a common condition that occurs when a layer of fat forms below your chin. A double chin is often associated with weight gain, but you don’t have to be overweight to have one. Genetics or looser skin resulting from aging may also cause a double chin. Surgery used to be the only answer to address these concerns, but that time is gone with non-invasive procedures such as these lipotropic solutions.
Where does the fat go after injection?
When injected into the fat beneath the chin, it destroys fat cells, resulting in a noticeable reduction in fullness under the chin. Once destroyed, these cells can no longer store or accumulate fat, so further treatment is not expected once you reach your desired aesthetic goal. As a nonsurgical procedure, there is little preparation required for fat dissolve treatment.
- Avoiding ibuprofen and acetaminophen can prevent post-treatment bruising.
EAT CLEAN. EAT SMALL. EAT OFTEN.
Mental awareness and strong will power are necessary for any healthy lifestyle diet plan in the beginning. Recording your daily food and beverage intake for 4 consecutive weeks is recommended to properly chart your strengths and weaknesses in your food diet. After dedicating 4 consecutive and well-followed weeks to our Healthy Diet & Lifestyle Plan, it should become much easier for you to stick to this plan. You should begin to feel more energized, determined and inspired to continue this routine as a way of life.
By simply removing the following items from your regular diet you will began to feel better, look better and see a decrease in body weight:
Trans fat – Butter – Vegetable oil – Heavy Creams & Sauces – Red Meat – Pork – Processed foods – Carbonated Beverages – Processed Sugar – Preservatives – Mayonnaise – White flour – Cream Salad Dressings – High Sodium foods
If you must include the above items in your diet plan then make these changes:
- Use grape seed oil or virgin olive oil instead > vegetable oil.
- Bake, Broil or barbeque your chicken, fish or turkey instead of > frying
- Raw vegetables are the best! Lightly steaming them is second best
- Use brown rice instead of > white
- Use whole wheat bread instead of > white
- Organic honey, raw sugar or Stevia instead of > sugar and artificial sweeteners
- Corn or wheat Tortillas instead of > flour
- Olive oil & Vinegar instead of > salad dressing
- Mustard instead of > Mayonnaise
- Non-fat milk instead of > whole milk
Eat only ORGANIC and NATURAL foods when possible.
Note: It is always better to use “THE REAL THING” instead of substitutions. Real butter instead of margarine, real sugar instead of artificial sweeteners, real cheese instead of processed cheese and so on.
Remember to utilize these “Nutrition Tips” at every meal.
- You may eat all the healthy foods you like, but remember to eat organically and naturally as much as possible, and keep it simplified.
- Treat yourself to a nice meal out every once in a while, but try to avoid FAST FOOD as much as possible. If that is a weakness for you, then just make sure to order from the healthy food menu.
- Avoid eating between 8pm and 8am. ONLY eat when you’re hungry.
- Eat smaller portions approximately the size of your closed fist about every 2 hours
- Avoid carbonated beverages, alcohol and tobacco
- Drink half your body weight in ounces of water per day
A healthy lifestyle CAN NOT be achieved without weekly exercise. In order to stay committed to any exercise plan it must be practical, sensible and become a part of your lifestyle. A healthy exercise lifestyle must include at least 4 hours of exercise each week.
Your exercise routine should be broken down to include…
2 hours of Cardio-walking, speed walking, bike riding, stair climbing, or aerobics.
2 hours of muscle isolations-weight training, resistance bands, body weight target exercises.
NOTE: For dramatic weight loss, cardio exercise should be increased to 4 hours a week + 2 hours of target exercise.
Because of the air pollution we breathe, the chemicals we are exposed to and the pesticides, hormones and preservatives in the food we sometimes eat, it is important to remove those toxins and pollutants from our body and organs.
Cleansing is an important part of any health regimen. Detoxification does more than clean out a digestive system; it is thought to restore your balance, refresh and maintain healthy skin and mental clarity, plus a myriad of other benefits, including better sleep, ridding the body of impurities and even reducing or eliminating pain.
Who should detoxify? Anyone who wants to improve his or her health, however, some health conditions require monitoring during detoxifying. Nursing or pregnant mothers should not detoxify, nor should people with certain illnesses. If you have any issues that would warrant care, check with your physician before cleansing.
How often should we cleanse? Many health care practitioners suggest detoxifying at least three times a year. Some people choose to cleanse more frequently, especially with the overabundance of toxins in our environment today. However, moderation is important. Cleansing too frequently can deplete nutrients.
Flush: To really clean out your system, increase your water consumption, more than the normal eight-ten a day rule. Herbal teas are good too. Extra fluids help clean the liver, colon and blood. Green Tea is one of the best-known natural ways to detoxify the body.
Cleanse: A four to seven day regimen is most common. Before starting, it is best to prepare for detoxing by easing off things that stress the body. Caffeine, fats and of course, smoking all wreak havoc and should be reduced or eliminated.
WARNING: It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to consult your physician before starting any detoxing or cleansing program, especially if you currently have any known physical health issues and conditions.
**Important Hints and Reminders:
- Use organic whenever possible. Most large grocery retailers sell organic juices in a variety of flavors. It is easy to make a diluted juice or broth by simply buying a few of the juices and mixing them together or with a few other ingredients as needed.
- “Green protein”, such as Spirulina in tablets or powder, will help cleanse and add nutrients back into your system.
- Milk Thistle (also called silymarin) will speed up cleansing and heal the liver.
- Extra rest and deep breathing are important. Exercising will increase the cleansing effect.
- Dry massage (with a brush, loofah or dry wash cloth) sloughs off dead skin cells and removes toxins. Rub your entire body vigorously and then bathe or shower.
Liver Support Herbs
Chanca Piedra — Chanca Piedra or “break stone” is my favorite herb for both liver and kidney health. It dissolves gallstones found in the liver and gall bladder as well as kidney stones. It is also believed to stimulate bile production and promote a healthy liver. In two different studies it was reported that chanca piedra had liver protective and detoxifying actions in children with hepatitis and jaundice. In Britain researchers reported that children treated with chanca piedra for acute hepatitis had liver function return to normal in five days. Again, research in China also showed chanca piedra to have liver protective actions in adults with chronic hepatitis. Chanca Piedra can act as a diuretic and so should not be taken over a prolonged period of time. It also has been shown to lower blood pressure and should be used with caution if you already have low blood pressure. In addition it can lower blood sugar levels. If you are hypoglycemic be sure to be extra careful in keeping your blood sugar balanced while taking this herb.
Milk Thistle — Traditionally milk thistle has been used to support the liver and is probably the most researched herb in its effect on liver health. Below are a few facts on Milk Thistle to help you learn how it works and why it is so popular.
Bupleurum — Traditionally, bupleurum has been regarded as an herb that helps to normalize the function of the liver. Research has identified compounds known as saiko saponins that support liver health. Bupleurum has anti-inflammatory activity and the ability to stimulate the release of bile and help the liver to detoxify.
Turmeric — Turmeric has beneficial effects on the liver including stimulating bile flow and improving fat metabolism. Turmeric also has strong liver-protective properties protecting the liver from a number of toxic compounds. An active constituent of turmeric is curcumin. Curcumin also has a protective effect on liver tissue and is traditionally used for liver ailments as well.
Dandelion Root — Dandelion root is known as one of the most effective detoxifying herbs. It works principally on the liver and gallbladder to help remove toxins. The body uses dandelion root to increase the production of bile in the liver and in supporting its release from the gallbladder.
Burdock Root — The bitter properties of burdock stimulate bile secretions. It is a good digestive herb and liver remedy. It detoxifies the liver and cleanses the blood.
Livatrex — An energetically enhanced blend of powerful herbs supporting detoxification and normal function of the liver and gallbladder.
Castor Oil Packs — Castor oil packs are made by soaking a piece of cotton or wool flannel in castor oil and placing it on the abdomen and especially over the liver. The flannel is then covered with a sheet of plastic wrap and then a hot water bottle or heating pad is placed over the plastic to heat the pack. You then keep the pack on for 45 to 60 minutes while in a relaxed position. The oil is messy but very effective. You can put a towel over the plastic if you want to keep any oil from getting on anything. If you want you can heat the oil slightly in a pan before putting it on the flannel. You can often find a castor oil pack kit (bottle of castor oil and flannel, just the right size) in your local health store. If not, you can either improvise or buy a castor oil kit online. It only costs about $10.
Coffee Enemas — Finally, there is the coffee enema. Coffee enemas are said to cause the liver to release bile and toxins that have accumulated. It is also used to help cancer patients in the Gerson method. They are especially helpful in getting rid of headaches when they are toxic headaches. The coffee enema causes toxins to be released from the liver because of the stimulating effect of caffeine and other constituents found in coffee. The coffee is taken up through the blood veins into the liver and causes the liver to release bile along with the toxins. Sometimes you will hear squirting noises coming from the right side just under your ribs. This is the gallbladder releasing bile as well, also eliminating built up toxins. Coffee enemas have also been used for pain relief, and as I said above, they often get rid of headaches. To learn how to prepare and use coffee enemas, contact a Studio 3B consultant and request the complete instruction outline.
“The Simple” Detox Recipe:
- First thing each morning: Drink one-cup warm water with several tablespoons of lemon juice, a pinch of cayenne pepper (1/16 tsp) and a teaspoon of honey.
- Breakfast and mid morning: 8 ounces of juice blend made up of any combination of: apples, celery, pineapple and berries (fresh or frozen), a pinch of ginger and cinnamon. A juicer or high speed blender works well, water can be added to dilute.
- Lunch and mid afternoon: 8 ounces of juice or broth made from any combination of several carrots, a cucumber, a few beets, 1/4 cabbage, spinach, kale, three apples, fresh parsley (important for cleansing) and several stalks of celery. (For broth, leave out the apple. Garlic and onion can be added for flavor). There really is no limit to how much you can have, which is very satisfying and helps to keep you full.
Lemon Detox Diet Recipe:
One of the easiest detox recipes to make is a lemon drink for replacement of all solid foods for a period of up to a week or even two. You could also simply substitute a meal or two each day with the lemon beverage if you prefer. This drink is created by adding two tablespoons of brown rice syrup along with two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice to a glass full of water. You may add a dash of fresh grated ginger for taste and to help your digestive system function. Use in place of solid food whenever hunger strikes.
Fresh Fruit Detox Recipes:
Fresh fruit like bananas, apples and strawberries can be used to whip up satisfying detox salads. You can use strawberries, lemon zest, extra soft tofu, and honey to make a delightful dessert.
The apple detox diet advises three days of eating only apples and applesauce, and drinking apple juice and cider. Fruit is a great way of cleansing the body and bringing wellness and vitality to your life.
This program is designed for increasing our natural ability to achieve spontaneous self-healing when needed. First we must learn to live, eat and breathe in a more natural, organic and healthier environment. The benefits from this eight-week program will hopefully lead to a lifestyle program, and a new way of life that will lead you to better physical health, peace of mind and spirit, as well as protect you from future illness. The objective is to take it one day at a time, and to incorporate as much of the following recommendations as you can.
Week One Projects
Go through your pantry and refrigerator and remove all oils other than olive oil. Get rid of any margarine, solid vegetable shortening, and products made with them. Read labels of all food products so that you can dispose of any containing partially hydrogenated oils. If you do not have any extra virgin olive oil on hand, buy a bottle of it and start using it.
Diet: Start eating some fresh broccoli this week. Eat salmon, sardines, or herring at least once this week. If you do not like fish, buy some flax seeds, grind them, and sprinkle them over your food.
Supplements: Start taking vitamin C if you do not do so already: 1000 to 2000 mg with breakfast, another dose with dinner, and the third at bedtime, if convenient.
Exercise: Try to walk 10 minutes a day for five days this week. If you are already on a program of aerobic exercise other than walking, do the walk in addition.
Mental/Spiritual: Practice breath observation for five minutes every day. Buy some flowers to keep in your home so you can enjoy them.
Week Two Projects
Find out where you’re drinking water comes from if you do not know and what impurities it may contain. Stop drinking chlorinated water. Get information on a water purifying system for your home, if you do not have one. In the meantime, buy bottled water.
Diet: Eat fish at least once this week. Buy some Japanese green tea and try it. If you drink coffee or black tea, try to substitute green tea for some or all of your usual beverages.
Supplements: Start taking one capsule of mixed carotenes with breakfast.
Exercise: Increase your daily walk to 15 minutes a day
Mental/Spiritual: Visit a park or some other favorite place in nature. Spend as much time as you can there, doing nothing in particular, just feeling the energy of the place.
Week Three Projects
Find your local farmers market. Make a commitment to buy local and organically produced fruits and vegetables.
Diet: Make a conscious effort to eat an extra serving of fruits and vegetables with at least one meal this week. Start eating fish at least twice this week. Replace at least one serving of meat with a pea protein food of your choice.
Supplements: With lunch or your largest meal take 400 to 800 IU of vitamin E, and 200 to 300 micrograms of selenium.
Exercise: Increase the daily walk to 20 minutes, five days of the week. If you do other aerobic exercise, consider cutting it down to two or three days and substituting an aerobic walk on the other days.
Mental/Spiritual: Make a list of inspirational books you would like to read in the areas of spirituality, religion, self-help, poetry, biography, or any other category, and select one that you will begin this week. Make a list of friends and acquaintances in whose company you feel more alive, happier, and more optimistic. Pick one whom you will spend some time with this week. Buy more flowers.
Week Four Projects
Check on your mattress, and sleeping location. Is an uncomfortable bed or noisy bedroom interfering with restful sleep? Do you sleep with the TV on? If so, consider making changes. Add a room air purifier to your bedside.
Diet: Begin eating some more garlic this week in any form that appeals to you. Try to replace another meal of animal protein with pea protein.
Exercise: Increase your aerobic walk to 25 minutes, five days a week.
Mental/Spiritual: Continue to practice the breathing exercises, and make sure that you do the relaxing breaths twice a day.
Week Five Projects
Locate a steam bath or sauna that you can use. We have one here at Vitality! Use it for up to 20 minutes one day. If unable to sit in a steam bath or sauna, try a very hot bath at home. It should be hot enough to make you sweat freely; be sure to drink plenty of pure water to replace lost fluid.
Diet: Try a one-day fruit fast, eating as much fresh fruit as you like, but nothing else except water and herbal tea. Take vitamin C, but skip the other supplements on this day. Buy a piece of fresh ginger root and make yourself some ginger tea, also try some crystallized ginger to see if you like it.
Exercise: Increase your aerobic walk to 30 minutes, five days of the week.
Mental/Spiritual: Practice the breathing exercises every day. Listen to a piece of music that you find inspirational and uplifting. Bring more flowers into your home this week.
Week Six Projects
Gather information on holistic tonics, and decide which one is most appropriate for you and find out where to get it. Take a steam bath or sauna twice this week.
Diet: Try a one-day juice fast today containing any amount of fruit and vegetable juices you can drink, plus water and herbal tea. Take vitamin C, but skip the other supplements on this day. Continue to eat broccoli at least twice this week.
Exercise: Increase your aerobic walk to thirty-five minutes, five days this week.
Mental/Spiritual: Visit an art museum or try to view some work of art, sculpture architecture that you find beautiful and inspiring. Continue the breathing exercises every day.
Week Seven Projects
Think about some kind of service work that you could do this week, such as volunteering for a few hours at the hospital or charitable organization, or helping someone you know who is disabled or shut in- any activity in which you give some of your time and energy to help others. Continue the steam baths or sauna, three times this week if possible.
Diet: For your fast day this week, drink only fruit juice, water, and herbal tea. Take vitamin C, but skip the other supplements on this day. On the other days, continue eating at least two meals of fish and two of pea protein, generous servings of fruit, vegetables, whole grains, ginger, and garlic.
Exercise: Increase the aerobic walk to forty minutes.
Mental/Spiritual: Reach out to try and connect with someone from who you are estranged. Make time for flowers, music, and art. Increase the relaxing breath to eight cycles, twice a day.
Week Eight Projects
Review the changes you have made in your lifestyle in the past eight weeks and think about how many of them you wish to make permanent. Develop a realistic plan that you can stick to over the next eight weeks.
Diet: Try a one-day water fast this week. You can have herbal tea with lemon if you’d like, but nothing caloric. If this proves too difficult, drink some diluted fruit juice. Take vitamin C, but skip the other supplements. Think about how you can continue the dietary changes of this program in the coming weeks.
Supplements: Start taking your tonic. Make a commitment to give it a two-month trial to see what it does for your energy level, resistance, and outlook.
Exercise: Reach your goal of a forty-five minute walk, Five days of the week.
Mental/Spiritual: Continue the breathing exercises. Start using the relaxing breaths whenever you feel anxious or upset, and be sure to do it at least twice a day. Think of people who have hurt you or made you angry. Try to bring yourself to understand their actions and forgive them. Can you express forgiveness to at least one of them? Reward yourself especially beautiful flowers for completing this program, and buy some flowers for someone else.
Congratulations! I have asked you to do a lot in the past two months, some of it unfamiliar and challenging. Know that you have been very good to yourself and your healing system. As a result of the changes you have made, you have a greater chance of experiencing spontaneous healing if the need for it arises. Try to incorporate into your life as many of the steps as you can from now on.